The Criterion Way
The Criterion philosophy is to provide maximum warmth with minimum weight, at a competitive price.We had 8 models in our original range and this was increased to 11 in 2006 with the addition of the ultra-lightweight Quantum models. In May 2007 two further models were added (the Expedition range), this time to extend the range “upwards” as regards warmth and usability in extreme conditions. Then in 2010 we added our ladies’ range of three models, and also summer and winter Expander Baffles, whose purpose is to increase the inner space of our sleeping bags, for the comfort of stouter users.
- all use Polish goose down and Pertex ripstop fabric – Microlight, Quantum, and Endurance.
- all constructions have differential fill, differential cut, a trapezium shaped box foot, cowl hood, and internal pocket
- all have full length, two way zips and zip baffles, velcro closures, hanging loops, and fully featured stuff sacks and storage bags
- drawcords on hoods, neck baffles and stuff sacks have single-handed closing and any neck baffle drawcords are elasticated
- Fill Power – Criterion Ultralight, Criterion Lady, Criterion Traveller, and the Expander Baffles – 700 cu in; Criterion Prime, Criterion Quantum and Criterion Expedition – 850 cu in
- Construction – the Expedition models utilise a “brick” construction. All other top sides are trapezoid except the Ultralight 200 and Quantum 200 which are boxwall; all bases are boxwall
- Neck Baffles – standard on all models except Ultralight and Quantum. Quantum have a simplified “neck warmer”
- Quantum and Ultralight hood drawcords are elasticated. Other models have non-elasticated hood drawcords, to distinguish them from the elasticated neck baffle drawcords
- Sizes – Ultralight and Quantum models are slightly shorter and slightly narrower – 217 cm long and 75/50 cm wide compared with 225 cm and 80/52 cm for the others, except for … the Criterion Lady models, which are shorter still , 207 cm, but are the same width as the others, 80/52 cm.